Skip to main content

True Life Gist.

Up coming actor Qassim Kareem hits his first movie location in 2017 On set of Child's Right produced by Kofoworola Akinlaja and directed by Kunle Afod. Having featured in several movies like AWOLU ati AWAWU, AWOLU GOES TO SKUL, EBOLO, IMO, FALSE FLAG, IGBEKUN, OJE, and others. Qassim Kareem finds himself working with the likes of Kunle Afod, Yinka Quadri, Binta Ayo Mogaji, Yetunde Wunmi, Toyin Adegbola and others. Balancing through first degree and acting. Let get to meet him?

TruthBlog: Can we meet you?
Qassim:
My name is Qassim Kareem, first child of  two kids from a Muslim family of Mr and Mrs R. A Kareem, hail from Ogun state. My educational background isn't bad, after primary and secondary school, had National diploma in Electrical Electronics at Yaba college of Technology and currently studying Statistics in University of Ilorin.

TruthBlog: What do you do, Mr Qassim?
Qassim: I'm a Nollywood actor


TruthBlog: That's quite a beautiful one. How come you find yourself acting? What inspired you?
Qassim: Sighs... Well acting has been in me for a long time now. I literally started acting since my primary school days, you know there is always a drama group to entertain people during any event so,i do take part in drama, cultural dance, and other activities to entertain the guests. I could remember someone walked up to me and asking if it's everything I know how to do because the person noticed me mostly in all the activities.
What inspired me? Well I can't really say, since acting is what I really enjoy doing and I love to make impact in people, with that I wish to keep exploring my talent for people to see and learn from me, but I can remember vividly watching a Yoruba movie titled GUDUGBE directed by Mr. Kunle Afod who happens to be my boss. I was fascinated by the way he directed the movie so I was opportune to call him up and that's how I found myself in the movie industry.

TruthBlog: Sounds like its easy for anyone to be fascinated and place a call and be in the movie industry at the snap of fingers.
Qassim: Nope, not as easy as you think, Mr. Kunle Afod is the director of Legacy school of Performing Art with other bosses like Regina Chukwu, Samson Badejo (Fojusi), Sola Olaibi, Segun Tom Dollar etc. So I enrolled in the school after making the call and went through several training, should in case you aren't aware that aside from making movies on screen, we perform on stage also.

TruthBlog: Hmmm, Are your parent in support of your acting career?
Qassim: Well, Initially they weren't, you know what our parents want is usually for us to go to Law school, become Doctors, Engineers, Bankers etc, I literally started without their consent, I was always sneaking to rehearsals which wasn't that easy for me. Since it became glaring that acting is my passion and it's what I love doing, thereby making it possible for me not to hide any longer as make belief (Acting) is a profession one can't hide, I have their supports even if it's not full support because they still tell me "Iwe la ran e o" .


TruthBlog: [Chuckles]That's deep. So how do you manage to balance your academics and acting with you still on good standing in the prestigious Unilorin?
Qassim: Well, to be candid I must say it hasn't been easy but I give thanks to Allah for always seeing me through. I've been acting before I gained admission to Unilorin, I joined the acting school during my Polytechnic days. But for now, I only have much time when the school is on break.

TruthBlog: Quite a privileged Balance you've got Mr Qassim, Is there any movie you working on presently? If Yes, tell us about it.
Qassim: Yes, just finished working on set of Child's Right, produced by Kofoworola Akinlaja and directed by Kunle Afod. The movie is based on child marriage and it features the likes of Yinka Quadri, Binta Ago Mogaji, Yetunde Wunmi, Kunle Afod, Alhaji Okunnu, Toyin Adegbola, myself and others.

TruthBlog: Amazing list of Nollywood stars. So tell us what the Child's Right movie is all about?
Qassim: All centered on a girl who got married at age 14. Thereby relating to the world that Child marriage isn't proper, it can be said to be a form of child abuse which should be abolished.

TruthBlog: To be sincere, I personally can not wait to see the movie. I've also looked forward to an act that preaches abolishing child marriage. I'm glad we have one in view. So Mr Qassim, What should people expect from the movie and when should people be expecting it release?
Qassim: Aside the list of some Nollywood casts in the movie who delivered their roles  to the best of their abilities, it carries a blend of educating and intriguing for the viewers sight.
I can't give a specific date for now but anticipate its release as soon as possible.

TruthBlog: Your journey so far, what challenges have you encountered?
Qassim: I must say as human we face challenges everyday, me starting my acting career without my parents consent was a challenge for me, because I tried so hard to convince them to understand my plight, sneaking to rehearsals, I remember taking part in the movie 'Ebolo' produced by Regina Chukwu in which I had to stay away from home for like 5days, it takes courage to do that under strict parents, many things I can't really say. But Glory be to Almighty Allah.

TruthBlog: Coming this far, have you been awarded in any form?
Qassim: Yes, been God all the way. With His support, I was awarded Best student ever in Legacy School of Performing Arts also Prominent Student in Association Of Statistics Student Unilorin and looking forward to adding more feathers to my cap.

TruthBlog: What keeps you going when giving up arises?
Qassim: Whatever I do, I pray to God for His guidance and directions. That helps in stormy times.

TruthBlog: I could conclude like Mr Qassim is a lover of his God. What do you have to say to upcoming actors and people that want to go into acting?
Qassim: Of course I am, He is my creator, I should be grateful to Him in all situations... Would encourage them to be prayerful, to be focused and not get discouraged easily,have an educational background. Moreso, to always believe in their dreams and talent having at the back of their minds, that there is always a light at the end of the tunnel.

TruthBlog: Thank you very much Mr Qassim Kareem for accepting to share you campaign story with TruthBlog. We wish you the best in your career.
Qassim: You are welcome.


To our readers, thank you for spending your time here also. Watch out for the next series of True Life Gist on Truthblog

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YES! YOU CAN.

Why are you doubting the capacity of your ability? Why are you scared of launching the goodies in you? Making the precious stones to glitter is one of the paramount thing why we are created. Do you know that  MTN came to Nigeria at a time when nobody wanted to invest in Nigeria, at a time when Nigerians did not have phones. Even Zenith Bank refused to loan MTN cash to operate,UBA rejected MTN's offer but today see the difference. What about Cowbell? When they came to Nigeria,they made milk in a sachet, Peak was laughing at them - they said Cowbell was milk for the poor - but they were right! 3-million poor people could afford N10 a day for a sachet of milk.Oya, do the math - 3 million people buying milkat N10.00- that was N30million every single day.In a month they grossed N900million (almost N1billion).Even Peak had to make sachet milk in order to survive in the market. So what have people told you?What have they said you cannot do, or you do not qualify for, or

The Focus of the Sanitation and Sensitization By Heroes Nation Social Change Ambassadors today at Ipata Market are the SDGs (Goals 3, 6 & 13) Heroes Nation Social Change Ambassadors made Ipata Market Smile. We have been witnessing cleaning exercises but this one got a different grading. Heroes Nation Social Change Ambassadors did a very wonderful sanitation exercises at Ipata Market, Ilorin, Kwara State. Where the SDGs (Goals 3, 6 & 13) were the Focus of the Sanitation and Sensitization today..

We have been witnessing cleaning exercises but this one got a different grading. Heroes Nation Social Change Ambassadors did a very wonderful sanitation exercises at Ipata Market, Ilorin, Kwara State. Where the SDGs (Goals 3, 6 & 13) were the Focus of the Sanitation and Sensitization today. The exercise commenced at 7am with the presence of the Nigerian Red Cross Ilorin Chapter, Corp members of sanitation and environment CDS, Kwara State ministry of environment and some volunteers who heard about the project from friends and social media publicity. While the sanitation exercise was going on, a group of heroes nation ambassadors took time in sensitizing the buyer and sellers present at the market on the benefit of staying dirt free using different Nigerian languages, this created a bond between the heroes nations representatives and the Ipata Marketers. This activity revealed some of the heart cries of some of the marketers who marveled at the energetic, cheerful and interactive

Fruits And Vegetables 3

Benefits of some fruits and vegetables. WALNUTS 🥜🥜🥜 •Lower cholesterol. •Combat cancer. •Boost memory. •Protect against cardiovascular diseases. WATER 🚰🚰🚰🚰🚰 •Quenches thirst. •Combats cancer. •Conquers kidney stones. WATERMELON 🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉 •Protects prostate. •Promotes weight loss. •Lowers cholesterol. •Helps stops strokes. •Controls blood pressure. •Fights dehydration. APPLES 🍏🍏🍏🍏🍏 •Protect your heart. •Prevent constipation. •Prevent diarrhea. •Improve lung capacity. •Cushion joints. AVOCADOS 🥑🥑🥑🥑🥑 •Battle diabetes. •Lower cholesterol. •Help stops strokes. •Control blood pressure. •Smoothen skin. Stay glued till next week Friday on FridayNight Health tips! Health remains Wealth!