Skip to main content

Salah Friday

Permit me to do a recap on how my day went. After I finished having a nice time with my friends over Skype, I reluctantly agreed to run errands for my mum who has decided to celebrate the Muslim festive public holiday on her bed. I got done with all I had to do at the market. I boarded a fully loaded bus of which I was the last to get in so I sat close to the entrance.While on motion, suddenly, the man beside the driver stood up and was heading towards the back seat trying to jump. I was wondering what was happening, initially I thought his phone was ringing but I later noticed it was the passenger beside him he was running away from.
 The unfortunate passenger was Epileptic.  He had an attack.
I was courageous enough to stay put and not jump out of the bus due to the tension and commotion going on in the bus.
Luckily, the road was a bit free so the driver was able to navigate to the slow lane bringing the bus to a halt.
   I wondered what I could do to help the situation, but I sat afar off lost in thought. The conclusion of my thinking was 'PRAY FOR HIM'. Of course, that's all I could come to a resolution to do. I don't know him from anywhere neither do I know anyone related to him, but I know my prayers can reach him.
 So many people out there are in difficult and pathetic situations that you would never imagine. But your prayers can change someone some day. 'Be the Change'
   Another thing I learnt from that incident was that in every thing you find yourself 'GIVE THANKS'. Acknowledge God in that tiring situation you find yourself, no matter how bad it may be, give thanks to God. What you are passing through can't be compared to what your beautifully dressed friend or neighbor is passing through.
  The third thing I learnt was 'BE IN CONTROL'. Learn to be calm during periods of tension and commotion. Biologically, Adrenaline would take over, but you should learn to take charge -be in control-. I can give a list of my friends that would have jumped out of the bus on motion without a second thought, which would have been a disaster.
    I hope I was able to do the recap of my day and also pass a message across.
Do have a wonderful weekend and don't forget to take the challenge to 'Pray for others', 'Give thanks to God in all Situation' and 'Be in control'.
May Almighty God continue to watch over us.
 With Love from Yanju.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YES! YOU CAN.

Why are you doubting the capacity of your ability? Why are you scared of launching the goodies in you? Making the precious stones to glitter is one of the paramount thing why we are created. Do you know that  MTN came to Nigeria at a time when nobody wanted to invest in Nigeria, at a time when Nigerians did not have phones. Even Zenith Bank refused to loan MTN cash to operate,UBA rejected MTN's offer but today see the difference. What about Cowbell? When they came to Nigeria,they made milk in a sachet, Peak was laughing at them - they said Cowbell was milk for the poor - but they were right! 3-million poor people could afford N10 a day for a sachet of milk.Oya, do the math - 3 million people buying milkat N10.00- that was N30million every single day.In a month they grossed N900million (almost N1billion).Even Peak had to make sachet milk in order to survive in the market. So what have people told you?What have they said you cannot do, or you do not qualify for, or

The Focus of the Sanitation and Sensitization By Heroes Nation Social Change Ambassadors today at Ipata Market are the SDGs (Goals 3, 6 & 13) Heroes Nation Social Change Ambassadors made Ipata Market Smile. We have been witnessing cleaning exercises but this one got a different grading. Heroes Nation Social Change Ambassadors did a very wonderful sanitation exercises at Ipata Market, Ilorin, Kwara State. Where the SDGs (Goals 3, 6 & 13) were the Focus of the Sanitation and Sensitization today..

We have been witnessing cleaning exercises but this one got a different grading. Heroes Nation Social Change Ambassadors did a very wonderful sanitation exercises at Ipata Market, Ilorin, Kwara State. Where the SDGs (Goals 3, 6 & 13) were the Focus of the Sanitation and Sensitization today. The exercise commenced at 7am with the presence of the Nigerian Red Cross Ilorin Chapter, Corp members of sanitation and environment CDS, Kwara State ministry of environment and some volunteers who heard about the project from friends and social media publicity. While the sanitation exercise was going on, a group of heroes nation ambassadors took time in sensitizing the buyer and sellers present at the market on the benefit of staying dirt free using different Nigerian languages, this created a bond between the heroes nations representatives and the Ipata Marketers. This activity revealed some of the heart cries of some of the marketers who marveled at the energetic, cheerful and interactive

Fruits And Vegetables 3

Benefits of some fruits and vegetables. WALNUTS 🥜🥜🥜 •Lower cholesterol. •Combat cancer. •Boost memory. •Protect against cardiovascular diseases. WATER 🚰🚰🚰🚰🚰 •Quenches thirst. •Combats cancer. •Conquers kidney stones. WATERMELON 🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉 •Protects prostate. •Promotes weight loss. •Lowers cholesterol. •Helps stops strokes. •Controls blood pressure. •Fights dehydration. APPLES 🍏🍏🍏🍏🍏 •Protect your heart. •Prevent constipation. •Prevent diarrhea. •Improve lung capacity. •Cushion joints. AVOCADOS 🥑🥑🥑🥑🥑 •Battle diabetes. •Lower cholesterol. •Help stops strokes. •Control blood pressure. •Smoothen skin. Stay glued till next week Friday on FridayNight Health tips! Health remains Wealth!